Sunday, October 5, 2014

Put It To Work 1


Lord knows I'm always needing prayers, and I'm sure you could use some, too, so let's start sharing!  Today, I'm starting a regular feature on the blog called "Put It To Work."  It's a weekly swap of prayer intentions.  I'll share mine, and I'd love it if you'd share yours!

Instead of just talking about what's going on in our lives, we are going to do something about it on Mondays.  Are you walking with pep in your step and are bursting with joy this morning?  Fantastic!  Put it to work!  Is something bringing you down that's contributing to your "case of the Mondays"?  Instead of letting it take over the day or week, put it to work, too!  Put it all to work.  We are going to encourage each other to actively unite all of it to the Cross--our prayers, works, joys, and sufferings of every single day.  No more wasting any of it.  Put it to work.

My Intentions This Week:  


Philip is taking his pediatric board exams all day today.  Please keep him in your prayers!  What are physician board exams, you ask?  Well...when a physician passes his or her board exams, they become "board certified."  This means that they passed a test showing their competence in their area of medicine.  For Philip, this would mean that he demonstrated his competence in pediatrics.  

As Philip puts it, "It's like being a car repairman who is certified to repair Hondas.  The people with Hondas are going to think you're the most qualified to fix their cars.  The board certified physicians are the most qualified in their area of medicine."  

So, please keep the guy in your prayers today!


In addition to praying for Philip with his board exams, can you please add these intentions to your prayers?

  • Our GodTeens - that this week's meeting will draw them closer to God, especially for those who may be doubting God's existence or His Love
  • For meperseverance with morning prayer time, patience and gentleness with the children instead of impatience or anger

Please share your prayer intentions in the comments below, on Facebook, or via e-mail.  Philip and I are sharing a weekly holy hour, and it's my turn to go tonight.  What intentions can I bring before the Lord in adoration?  Please pass them along, and I'll write them down in my prayer journal before I go.  I loved bringing your intentions with me last time, and I continue to pray for them.

I hope you're having a great start to your week!  How are you going to put your prayers, works, joys, and sufferings to work today? 

Morning Offering

O Jesus,
through the Immaculate Heart of Mary,
I offer You my prayers, works,
joys and sufferings
of this day for all the intentions
of Your Sacred Heart,
in union with the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass
throughout the world,
in reparation for my sins,
for the intentions of all my relatives and friends,
and in particular
for the intentions of the Holy Father.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment