Saturday, February 8, 2014

Please give me your input on these 3 things before we list the house

I have a few questions and random tasks I'd love your input on before we list the house.  

1.  How do I get this white stuff off of our bathroom counter? 




Despite regular cleaning and some good elbow grease with all-purpose cleaners, I can't get the white stuff to disappear.  I suppose you'd call the countertop material laminate.  Any tricks to share?


2.  Our "wall of fame" photo gallery



Keep it, get rid of it, or switch out for "neutral images"?  I know they say to depersonalize the house, blah blah blah, and I ordinarily agree, but I'd love to see something like this on a wall as a decorating idea for the home.  What do you think?  If you're in favor of taking the pictures down, would you put up a large print (or something else) or just leave the wall bare?


3.  The oven  
How do you deep clean your oven without feeling like you took a year off of all of your family members' lives from the fumes?  Do the Pinterest posts with baking soda, etc. actually work?  Let's hear every detail of how you do it!

I'm sure I'll have more questions as time goes on.  Until then, please share your input on these 3 things!

1 comment:

  1. Have you heard of Norwex? It's all the rage here and I have a few friends who sell it. http://www.norwex.biz/pws/HOME2999999/tabs/home.aspx
    They have products to solve #1 & 3. I was skeptical at first, but since purchasing a few of their cleaning products, I am no longer. The products WORK (as in get stains out of carpet that nothing else would get out) and are chemical-free.

    As for the photo wall: I love the color! What about getting 3 large frames, possibly 18x22 maybe even larger, and have a simple series of 3 black & white in a row. Photos could be one of each of your kids, maybe a landscape? I think having something there is good.

    ReplyDelete