Thursday, January 30, 2014

Small Success Thursday #5

Here are a few of our small successes from this week:

We've had a bunch of delicious meals this week.  I shared the recipes here.


We made it to Mass EARLY!

Quick pic with Harry and Jane before Mass
These two are the best of friends and get along great.  Here's Jane doodling in her tutu, tiara, and jewelry galore, and Walt's looking through a Thomas yearbook.  I love how he sits.


I'm learning to "get 'r done" and not let "the perfect get in the way of the good."  I decided our deep freeze needed some organization so that we would actually access all of the food.  I am using some old cardboard boxes that I labeled to separate our frozen packages of chicken breasts, ground beef, chicken thighs, soups, etc.  It might not be pretty, but it gets the job done.  


I'm making it a daily priority to get down on the ground and PLAY!  The kids love our imaginary playtime together, and I do, too.


Despite having a household full of sick kiddos for a good portion of the week, everyone remained in good spirits--including me.  Poor Harry had the worst of it.  Here's his sad sick face.  You know it's bad if Happy Harry is sad!  The Nosefrida (The Snotsucker Nasal Aspirator) saved the day!


I've been able to have some regular prayer time in the afternoons while the kids nap.  I fear Jane might be outgrowing her nap (NOOOOOOOO!), so afternoon naptime might turn into girl time & quiet reading together.

Working on Bible Timeline
Harry rolled over from his back to his tummy!  I was able to snap this picture seconds after it happened.

"Now what do I do, Mom?"
I'm getting stuff packed up and moved out to our storage center.  We decided to make it a color-coded move to make unloading easier when we get to our house.  Black is for storage!


Philip and I went to our first appointment with a Catholic clinical psychologist.  I didn't know what to expect, but, wow!  Everyone should go!   I learned some really helpful strategies to manage my anger and uncover what's going on between my ears.  We also learned helpful insights into our communication styles and how to help one another.  

Also, I'm pleased to report that my symptoms from postpartum depression are nearly gone!  I've been off of the progesterone shots & pills for nearly two weeks, and I've been getting along well without them.  Hopefully, my body will keep doing its thing and start producing the appropriate levels of hormones to keep things in balance.  In the meantime, we are all so grateful for this time of healing.  I owe a lot of it to our little saint.  I'm so thankful for all of your prayers and support, too!  Thank you! 

*     *     *

Your turn!  What are your small successes from this week?  Come on over to CatholicMom to share and join in the fun!  If you're using social media, use the hashtag #SmallSuccess.



5 comments:

  1. This is my first visit to your blog. I have been through PPD myself so I congratulate you as you begin to feel better! Best wishes on your upcoming move.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for popping over, Barb, and thank you for your sweet words and prayers. I know I'll need 'em during all of the showings and moving process!!!

      Delete
  2. You look so happy! YAY
    You had great successes this week. And your children are beautiful.
    Blessings,
    Em

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you, Emily! It was a great week around these parts. :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing the recipes - I'm always looking for some tried and true ones! And that nosefrida is a lifesaver! I remember when I first heard about it people were totally grossed out by the idea of it but it really works!! Praying everyone gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete