Thursday, January 23, 2014

Small Success Thursday #4

Here are a few of our small successes from this week.  Per usual, it reads more like a week in review, but I consider another week a success!  Besides, it's my blog, and I'll do it how I want!  :)  

Here we go:

I'm getting down on the ground and having more fun with the kids these days.  Here's a "shed castle" that Walt and I built together.  He's finally developing his own interests separate than Jane's, and he's constantly asking me, "Come and build a tower, Mommy!" or, "Come play cars with me, Mommy!" 



There's a lot more laughing around here, too.  Jane decided she'd accessorize her Rody.  She looks good, huh?


I'm getting better about letting the little things go.  Jane found every single hair accessory she owns and threw them throughout the front living room.  The floor was covered several minutes after I snapped this picture.  When I asked her what she was doing, she informed me that she was "practicing to be a flower fairy."  She seems to think that she's going to be a flower girl (aka "flower fairy") someday, and she has big dreams of my little brother getting married in the near future.  I let the hair accessories hang out on the floor, and I resisted the temptation to pick them up.  I waited until after a morning play date, and I let Jane pick them up all by herself.  This is "small" successes, right?


I'm enlisting the kids to help get the house spic and span.  Walt loves dusting!


Philip and I went out to dinner at a great Spanish restaurant called España.  (Hooray for LivingSocial!)  Sipping on some sangria and eating the delicious tapas brought me back to my semester abroad in Salamanca.  Those spaniards know how to live!  Here are a few pics from our yummy date.

Either Philip has a knack for catching me at my most glamorous moments, or I didn't want to stop eating the delicious food for a picture.

Our drinks.  Raspberry-infused mojito for me, red red wine for Philip

Ceviche

Croquetas

Ohhhhhhhh, the mussels!

Nom nom nom

¡PAELLA!

The family rosary is such a part of our routine that Jane and Walt asked their babysitters to pray it with them when Philip and I went out.  Yay for sweet Catholic high school girls that prayed with our children!

Adventures in home improvement continue before we list the house in a few weeks!  We went to a carpet/flooring store last Saturday.  I consider it a success that nobody had a meltdown, and we were able to get exactly what we were looking for at a great price.


Our parish had a fun Trivia Nite.  Our team theme was "Words With Friends," and we spelled out "GENIUSES."  We had a great time, and you wouldn't believe how great all of the other teams' themes and costumes were!  Wow!  We really need to step it up for next time.  It was a fun night with friends.


I finished our "Circle Time" board.  Here's a post explaining how I made it and how we use it. 


We had our monthly dinner with my side of the family on Sunday. At one point in the evening, we realized ALL 6 of us were in the same room without any of the in-laws and just a few of the babies.  My brother said, "Woah!  Look!  It's just us!  When was the last time that happened?!"  My parents and Philip came in to snap a few pics.  It was fun to hang out with the original 6--even if it was just for a few minutes.


Harry is adored by his big sibs.  Really, they can't get enough of the guy.  They're incredibly gentle and sweet with him.  Who knew the best part of their morning would be putting Minnie Mouse on Harry's head and laughing hysterically?


He's the happiest baby ever.


Your turn!  What are your small successes from this week?  Come on over to CatholicMom to join in the fun!  If you're using social media, be sure to use the hashtag #SmallSuccess.





4 comments:

  1. I shouldn't have attempted to look at this before lunch! I'm STARVING! Paella...

    Oh man! I love the family shot. Original 6. Makes me think of KFC. I need to eat!

    Happy SmallSuccess!
    Cristina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cristina,

      You are too funny! Your word association with KFC makes me think we would get along really well. :) Happy SmallSuccess to you as well!

      Delete
  2. I am trying to do more playing too. :) I have to check out your circle time board - looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrea,
      I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one that needs to remember to actually play. The Circle Time board was fun to make. Let me know if you have any questions about it!

      Delete