Thursday, January 9, 2014

Small Success Thursday #2

Here are some of our small successes from this week:

Harry can finally stand in his exersaucer without a pillow underneath.  Yay!  He still needs a blanket stuffed behind him, but he loves having a new place to play.  His favorite part is twirling himself around.  I love the face he's giving the leopard or whatever it is in this picture.


I think I found a solution to not having art on the walls in Jane & Walt's room.  I want to do something inexpensive that will display their art.  I found this post on Pinterest, and I'm so excited to make these ourselves!  They're cabinet doors that you sponge roll in the center and add a metal clip to hold the art.  Cute, huh?


I've been decluttering this place like a boss!  We're going to list the house in a little more than a month, so there's plenty to do.  Here's our fridge before (with Christmas cards) and after.



I had a very successful 2-hour shopping outing by myself on Monday morning.  My dear friend, Kelly, offered to take the kids for me, and I ran around this city like wild!  Isn't she the best?  I know, it's ridiculous how blessed I am in the friend department.  I made stops at 4 different stores.  It's amazing how much you can accomplish when you're alone!  I was at Home Depot, The Dollar Tree, Garden Ridge, and Lakeshore Learning.  What a morning!  
I'm most excited to share that I finally got things printed off and laminated for the calendar center I'm creating for our pseudo-homeschooling area.  I got a great bulletin board on clearance, and I've been adding items to make the calendar my own.  I'll write more on that another time.  It's still a work in progress.  Here's a little preview.



Harry's been extra needy lately, so he's been spending a lot of time in my Ergo carrier.  I didn't use it much when he was a newborn since I struggled to get him in and out by myself with the big infant insert.  Now that he's a little bigger and has better neck control, it's a cinch to get him in and out by myself.  He's happy cuddled up right next to me, and I'm able to get things done around here hands-free.  The extra cuddling is nice for both of us.  I'm able to make & serve meals, fold laundry, wash & put away dishes, etc., etc.  Yay, multi-tasking!




Other than that, we're busy maintaining our new schedule around here, and the kids are loving it.  They beg for "circle time" everyday, and they loved finally showing it to Philip last Saturday morning when he was home.  Pseudo-homeschooling is fun, and our "classroom" area is coming together nicely.  The former teacher in me loves getting to laminate on a regular basis!  

Your turn!  What are your small successes this week?  Come on over to CatholicMom to share and join in the fun!  If you're using social media, use the hashtag #SmallSuccess.


3 comments:

  1. Look at you! Such great ideas here. I love that calendar. Good going!

    If you need something more/different for displaying artwork, you might want to check out Little DaVinci frames: http://www.dynamicframes.com/
    You can store and display artwork. A friend introduced me to them. She has 5 kids and displays 5 frames in her dining room, one for each child's masterpieces. They are a little pricey, but very good quality!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just testing something here - seeing if my avatar comes up if I use the Name/URL option. You can delete. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the recommendation on the DaVinci frames. Another friend suggested them to me, too, so I better check them out! I like that I'd be able to use them anywhere in our next home, so I think they'd be worth the investment.

    ReplyDelete