I'm equally excited and nervous about this adventure. Well...maybe...actually...definitely, I'm more nervous than anything.
I'm excited because:
- What's not to love about starting your day receiving the Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity of Christ in the celebration of Mass?
- I have visions of the kids sitting like perfect angels at Sunday Mass because of the added "practice" at daily Mass. (I hear you chuckling, Reader.)
- I'm 21 weeks pregnant and going to Mass solo with a 3- and 2-year-old.
- There are fewer people at daily Mass, and any noises the kiddos make will be amplified.
- What do I do when I go to receive Communion? Should I sit in the front pew and leave them? Do I leave Jane and bring Walt? Balance Walt on my hip, hold Jane by the hand, and pray that Walt doesn't try to swipe the Eucharist as I wait for the priest to place it on my tongue? Maybe I'll disqualify myself from Communion with thoughts about my misbehaving kids so it will be a non-issue.
- Did I mention I'm going solo and Philip won't be there?
Maybe...just maybe I should ask you pray that I stop worrying about what the other Mass goers are thinking, realize that they probably aren't paying attention to us (unless, of course, Walt makes a beeline for the altar during the consecration), and that I just focus on what's actually happening at Mass. Yup, that's what I'm going to ask you to pray for. Pray that we actually show up and that my kids get to experience daily Mass. Mostly pray for that.
Thank you! I'll report back tomorrow. I better go and start praying.