Friday, June 21, 2013

7 Quick Takes Friday (Volume 4)


It's been a fun week around here!  Jane and Walt became roomies on Wednesday night, and they've done great with it.  Keep praying for their continued success!  I went through their closets and moved things around to make room for Baby in the nursery.  Baby will be here before we know it!

This week, I'm dedicating my 7 Quick Takes to pictures of the kids monkeying around.  Here are my 7 Quick Takes from this week:


-1-
We celebrated Walt's 2nd birthday last month.  Philip and I made the mistake of leaving the leftover cake in the cake box on the dining room buffet where we thought it would be out of reach.  Our little monkeys helped themselves while I was in the shower one morning.  I snapped these pictures as soon as I exited the bathroom when I heard Jane yell, "Mom!  Mom!  Look what we found!  CAAAAAAAAAKE!"
They're quite the tag team these days.
 

-2-
 Another morning, we made the mistake of leaving some fruit on the dining room table that I was going to make into a fruit salad.  When I got out of the shower that morning, I heard Jane yell, "Mom!  Mom!  Look what we found!  FRUIT!!!"  Jane, being the thoughtful 3-year-old and big sister that she is, helped herself to the strawberries (her favorite) and pushed the monster grapes (Walt's favorite fruit and choking hazard before I slice 'em) over to Walt to enjoy.


-3-
Remember Jane's sticker map?  (It's her new and improved reward system for using the potty.)


 
Well, Miss Jane successfully filled in her sticker map all the way to her coveted Hello Kitty lunchbox.  So, we made a family trip to the store where she found it so that she could "buy" it.  We explained that she had to pay for the lunchbox by turning in her sticker chart.  She was so proud of herself!  She bellied up to the counter and plopped her chart down next to her lunchbox, smiling ear to ear at the teenage girl behind the counter.  After we left, I heard the sales girls say to each other, "Was that the most adorable thing you've ever seen?!  Soooooo cute!"



-4-
In yet another showertime incident, Jane and Walt got into the sticker map reward stickers.  This is what I found when I got out of the shower.

 
So, does this mean I can't shower when they're awake anymore?

-5-
 Jane is very into drawing people and telling stories about the pictures she draws.

Here's a drawing from the other day:
I said, "Wow!  That's beautiful!  Can you please tell me all about your drawing?  Jane said, "Sure!  It's a picture of you kissing Daddy and holding your baby." 

-6-
Yesterday, I took the kids to a fun (and free!) summer event hosted by our local children's museum and shopping center.  Part of the event was a bubble show.  Jane and Walt were mesmerized by the show!  While Walt hung out on my lap, Jane edged her way to the front of the crowd to check out the action.  Can you spot her?  She's the one front and center in the blue polo and pink shorts.  

 I apologize for the crummy picture quality, but I had to crop one of the images of the faces she made as she watched the bubble show.  I love this one:
Both kids took turns going in the "time machine" bubble (a bubble made around them with a hula hoop).  Walt stepped right up with his little sippy cup and LOVED it!
What children's event is complete without a photo op with a beautiful princess?  Jane couldn't believe her luck!  

-7-
Firefighter Walt with his sidekicks Bert and Ernie.  Such a cutie pie!
 

Want to join the fun?
Head on over to Jen Fulwiler's blog at Conversion Diary and post your own 7 Quick Takes!

No comments:

Post a Comment