Sunday, March 17, 2013

Weekend Update

What a fun whirlwind of a weekend!

Friday's weather was unseasonably warm and BEE-YOU-TI-FUL!  After Philip got home from work, we went for a family walk around the neighborhood.  Sweet little pup Monty loved all of the sights and smells.  Jane insisted on walking Monty and "walking like a big girl."  She finally hopped in the stroller on our last hill on our way home.

In a "Who cares?!" mom moment, I let Walt play with all of the pots, pans, and their lids.  To practice his stirring and drumming skills, I gave him some whisks and spoons.  Ever since Friday afternoon, he's been asking to play with all of the "hats" (translation: pots).  We've left three out and told him that the rest "are sleeping.  Shhhhh!"  For now, he's buying it and is content with three pots and lids.  

Friday night, I celebrated a good friend's birthday.  She also happens to be a former coworker from my teaching days.  Before I went out, Philip said, "You look so cute!  We have to do a belly shot.  Aren't I a great husband for remembering that crap?"  Oh, honey.  Such a romantic.  :)  I'm officially 18 weeks, and the nausea is subsiding.  I'm down to only 1 Zofran (anti-nausea) pill a day, and today I didn't take any!  Yay!  Unfortunately, I've developed a little sciatica (lower back nerve pain), but I'll take that any day over the nausea.  We're looking forward to the 20-week ultrasound in two weeks.  As always, we aren't finding out Baby's sex.  

One of my high school girlfriends got married on Saturday.  To prepare for the fun evening, I gave myself and Janie some manicures and pedicures.  Philip, being the brilliant daddy that he is, suggested tracing some hands on a paper towel to place on the table to encourage Jane to keep her hands still.  It worked like a charm.  Jane's favorite part was blowing on her fingers to help them dry.  We finally had to tell her to stop because we thought she was going to pass out!

A few pictures from the beautiful wedding:

High school gal pals.  We're celebrating our 10-year reunion this summer! 

Me and my hot date
Sunday was a pretty lazy day with our little family.  We took it easy this morning, went to Mass, came home for lunch, and brainstormed a fun family activity.  We decided to make a little drive to a nearby Cabela's store.  They have a large aquarium and display of taxidermied (stuffed) animals in the middle of the store.  Jane and Walt might as well have thought we were at the zoo.  They LOVED exploring and seeing all of the fun animals!  Talk about fun and free entertainment!

They had some enormous fish pillows that Walt loved pulling around with him through the aquarium.


After Cabela's, we: had family naptime, ate a delicious dinner, Philip gave the kiddos baths while I tidied up, I played the piano in the front living room while Philip read the kids bedtime stories, we tucked the babies in after prayers, and now we're relaxing on the couch and working a little on our blogs.  After a little hiatus, Philip is getting ready to re-launch his blog about parenting and pediatrics.  I'll link up to it once it's live.  Stay tuned!

Hope you had a great weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment