Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Surprise!

We managed to pull off a little surprise party for Mom and Dad's 40th anniversary.  I thought I'd share some of the pictures from the fun night celebrating Mom and Dad.

I was in charge of centerpieces.  Mom's bouquet from her wedding had white and yellow flowers.  Here's the finished product on my dining room table before the party.

I made small arrangements with white and yellow blooms with a little green mixed in.  I filled mason jars with sliced lemon to add a little more color.  To finish the centerpieces, I tied a yellow & white gingham ribbon around the rim into a bow. 

Mom and the girls
Dad and the boys
Mom, Dad, all of the kids, and our spouses
It was such a fun evening!  We decided to keep it an adults-only celebration.  That way, we got to stay out past our bedtime and spend more time visiting with one another than chasing after the grandbabies like we usually do.  

My favorite part was listening to Mom and Dad share stories about how it all began and their fondest memories of dating, marriage, and raising children over the years.  Mom and Dad have set the bar high for all of us when it comes to their high regard for marriage and family life.  

Cheers to Mom and Dad!  May you be blessed with many more years of marriage together!  

No comments:

Post a Comment