Tuesday, November 8, 2011

What's this blog about?

First, why in the world did I call the blog "Hallelujah Is My Song"?  This is a reference to Blessed Pope John Paul II's quote: 
“Do not abandon yourselves to despair. 
We are the Easter people, and hallelujah is our song.” 

Blessed Pope John Paul II was an important presence in my relationship with my husband from the first days.  (I'll write a future blog post about his impact on our early relationship.)  I chose this quote because, well, it's easy to forget the joy we should have in the Resurrection despite any suffering we might experience now.  It's my Catholic version of "Don't worry.  Be happy!"

  
 This is a blog dedicated to documenting the everyday occurrences in our "domestic church" with our daughter, Janie (20 months), our son, Walt (5 months), and our dog, Monty (2 years).  I used to teach high school Spanish.  Now, I'm a stay-at-home mother to our two beautiful children.  My husband, Philip, is a pediatric resident.  

 Here's our latest family pic from Halloween.  
I love how both of the babies (Walt the monkey and Jane aka Elmo) are giggling.

In addition to writing about our family and what we're up to, I will post about my interests which include: anything and everything related to Catholicism, cooking, home organizing, education, crafts, reading, and keeping up with current events.  I'm sure I'll come up with more as time goes on!  If I'm organized enough, maybe I'll figure out a way to categorize my posts.

I hope to use this blog as a creative outlet and an opportunity to network with other people who are passionate about the same things I am.  Here's to hoping that I can stay dedicated to this blog and not let it fall by the wayside.  Third time's a charm, right?  

Better go!  Jane's emptying the pantry and just ran off with the vanilla extract bottle!  Stay tuned for more...       

No comments:

Post a Comment