Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Our Favorite Dishes From This Week

I thought I'd do a short & sweet one about food to mix things up!  Here are a few of our favorite recipes from this week:

Sauteed Chicken Breasts With Creamy Chive Sauce

With 
Olive Oil, Garlic, Chives, & Romano Cheese Mashed Potatoes


Notes:
I don't change anything with the chicken recipe.  Delish!
I substituted 2 heads of cauliflower for the potatoes recipe to sneak in some veggies.  It was a delicious & easy alternative to mashed potatoes.  I had some heavy whipping cream on hand, so I substituted that for the evaporated milk.

Pork Chops Piccata 

With Roasted Brussels Sprouts

Notes:  
I don't change anything in the pork chops recipe.  It has orzo & spinach in the recipe, so I treated that as a side.  To prepare the roasted brusssels sprouts:  cut off the ends, slice thin, place in single layer across baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper.  Roast at 350 for 11 minutes (or until lightly browned).  

Italian Meatballs

With
Whole wheat pasta (we're having bow pasta) & side salad

Notes:  It's still in the crockpot for tonight, but it smells like a winner!  I love how easy it is.  I made way more changes than I usually do to this recipe because our recipe allow us to shop at Walmart and not a place that sells "grassfed ground beef" or "almond flour."  I'm sure that version is delicious, though!  :)

Pork Roast With Sweet Potatoes, Apples, & Onions

Notes:  So easy and so delicious!  The kids loved it last night, and they devoured the leftovers today at lunch.  We didn't change anything to this recipe, and it turned out just like the picture.  I love these "one pan wonders"!  Hooray for easy clean-up!

Beef With Snow Peas


Notes:  I don't change anything in this one either.  It's from Ree (aka The Pioneer Woman), so you know it's gonna be good!  Yes, as I established in a previous post, Ree and I are on a first name basis.  This girl knows her food!

I serve it over brown rice.  

*     *     *

Your turn!  What are your favorite dishes from this week?  Did you make a delicious but easy weeknight meal?  Please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment