Sunday, July 7, 2013

Place Your Bets! Is Baby on Team Pink or Team Blue?


One of my favorite things about our pregnancies is being on "Team Green" (not knowing whether we're having a boy or girl).  Now that I'm about a month away from my due date, I thought I'd wash all of the baby clothes--pink and blue.   

With each pregnancy, we pick out a brand new outfit for a boy and a girl to bring to the hospital.  The kids got to come along to pick them out this time.  They settled on a floral/butterfly sleeper for a girl and a blue striped monster sleeper for a boy.

 
Folding all of those sweet little sleepers, onesies, hats, socks, and swaddling blankets gave me some serious I-Gotta-Meet-You-Baby-Fever!  Folding each item made me think about Jane and Walt wearing them and breathing in that intoxicating baby smell.  It's getting harder and harder to wait for you, Baby!  

For a fun little distraction, I thought it'd be fun for everyone to place their bets on what "team" Baby will be on.


Will Baby be on Team Pink (girl) or Team Blue (boy)? 


Here are some side by side by side belly pics if you believe the shape of my belly reveals Baby's gender:

From left to right: 23 weeks with Jane, 27 weeks with Walt, and 25 weeks with Baby due in August

Left to Right: 32 weeks with Jane, 33 weeks with Walt, and 33 weeks with Baby due in August
Family Guesses:
Philip has thought that Baby was a girl all along.  Jane and Walt both think Baby is a girl.  I change my mind every hour!  More often than not, I think Baby is a girl.
 
Perhaps sharing Jane's and Walt's "stats" will help you to make an educated guess.

JANE
Jane was born 5 days before her due date (2/16/10) on 2/11/10 at 11:58 p.m.
Weight:  8 lbs., 7.5 oz.
Length:  21 in.

WALT
Walt was born 1 day before his due date (5/20/11) on 5/19/11 at 11:28 p.m.
Weight:  8 lbs., 13 oz.
Length:  21 in.

Now, try filling in Baby's stats!

BABY
Team Pink or Team Blue?
Due Date:  8/17/13
Birthday/Time:  ? / ?
Weight:  ?
Length:  ?

3 comments:

  1. Team Pink or Team Blue: hmm... we'll go with mama's intuition on this one and say girl!
    Due Date: 8/17/13
    Birthday/Time: 8/15/13 [It's a good day!] / 3:00 pm
    Weight: 9 lbs even
    Length: 21 in 3 oz

    hehe, this is in no way an educated guess... but it was fun! Also, your Jane and my Antonia are only three months (and two days) apart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. See, I think you look the same in all of them. I'm not good at guessing gender per the way a belly appears. But I'll say girl, too!
    Birthday: August 11, 6:00am - and you'll name her Clare (that's her feast day, you know). ;)
    Weight: 8.8 pounds
    Length: 21"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Team Blue
    Birthday: 8/14/13
    Time: 11:38 p.m.
    Weight: 8 lbs 15 oz
    Length: 21"

    ReplyDelete